Fireworks at dusk.
Food vendors, music.
Fireworks provided by Yokum.
Parade lineup 12:30 @ Community Center.
Starts at 1pm.
The Board of Washington Township Trustees will be holding the much beloved Annual Youth Fishing Derby on August 7, 2021. For those who have attended in the past, this years event will look a little different..... pre-registration is required, we will be social distancing and wearing mask. Lunch will not be provided; the Township Hall will not be opened; and children will not be allowed to access the playground areas. The success of this event is contingent upon everyone's cooperation and diligence in following the event guidelines, which are as follows:
2021 ANNUAL YOUTH FISHING DERBY
When: Saturday, August 7, 2021 (Come rain or shine)
Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (NO LUNCH)
Registration Table Opens at 7:00 AM
Location: Washington Township Park, 2238 S.R. 756, Moscow, OH
Age Categories: Girls & Boys: 3-4 (Participants Only),5-7, 8-12, & 13-18
1st Grand Prize: To the contestant with the largest overall fish (Ages 5-18)
2nd Grand Prize: To the contestant who has caught the most overall fish (ages 5-18)
Age Category Prizes: Ages 5-18: Prize in each age category for the largest fish caught.
Participant Package: Given to all children age 4 and under
Door Prizes: Eligible to all registered children.
General Guidelines for Participation:
1. Pre-registration is required to attend this event. Please call 513-553-2072 and speak to Robin.
2. This event is free to all Washington Township residents, all 2021 Washington Township Fishing Permit Holders, and the children of the employees of Dynegy, our sponsor!
3. If you are a non-resident or non-fishing permit holder, you must pay a $5.00 fee for your child(ren) to attend. If you do not pay this fee in advance, but wait until the day of the event, the payment must be made in the exact cash amount. We cannot make change for larger bills.
4. This is a catch and release event.
5. Families are welcome to come and enjoy the Fishing Derby event with their children. However, only children registered in the derby will be permitted to fish in the lake during the event.
6. There will be NO LUNCH provided. We encourage everyone to bring their owns snacks and drinks. We also encourage everyone to bring their own seating.
7. The Township does not provide fishing bait and participants are limited to one pole.
Clermont County-area volunteers are needed to help with the region’s portion of the 3,000-mile Ohio River Sweep litter cleanup, 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday June 19,2021.
Local volunteers, please come to:
• New Richmond riverfront bandstand
• Moscow boat ramp
• Neville boat ramp
We will be working in “small groups” per Governor DeWine’s Covid orders. Wear clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes. Organizers will provide trash bags and a limited number of gloves. Each volunteer will receive a free T-shirt.
Contact Penny at RiverSweep2021@gmail.com to register or for more information
The Ohio River Sweep extends the entire length of the Ohio River and many of its tributaries.
This important regional event addresses a global problem: litter in our waterways. It connects people to the Ohio River and encourages stewardship of this important resource. “Rivers and streams provide 65 percent of our nation’s drinking water and 88 percent of Cincinnati’s drinking water,” said Penny Greenler, Clermont Country River Sweep coordinator. “By participating in the River Sweep cleanup effort, you can help make your Ohio River a safer, healthier place for wildlife and people.”
Thousands of volunteers from Pittsburgh, Pa., to Cairo, Ill., will clean up the 3,000 miles of Ohio River shoreline. The cleanup involves more than 100 locations in six states. It’s coordinated by the Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO) and state environmental